Welcome to the ALL NEW "Monkey Baby ...going green" (Formerly known as the Monkey Baby Boutique blog). This site has been dormant for quite awhile as my life took a turn in a different direction. My children are growing up and I've been focusing on designing knitwear.
Recently I've done some thinking about continuing on with this site, and it has led me to a total makeover! I will continue to post tips on going green and creating a healthier you, healthier home and a healthier planet! But I will also be including information on sustainable knitwear created by myself and others. Please leave your comments and let me know what you think of the NEW look!


Saturday, October 13, 2007

California Dreaming...

Wow! How things can change overnight! One day I'm at Hobby Lobby buying fabric and planning my next project (to make some cute little stuffed toys to sell on my website) and the next day my whole life takes a new turn! My husband just got accepted into a new job in California and they want him to start working on Nov. 1st! That's less than three weeks away! So, needless to say I have not been updating this blog because I have been a busy, busy bee! I didn't want anyone to think that I've abandoned this blog, so I thought I'd better let you all know what's going on. For the next couple of weeks, I'll be sorting through everything in my house (from my kids' toys and clothes they've outgrown, to all of my knick knacks that have been stashed away in closets). We'll be downsizing big time! We're going to be selling our 4 bedroom house and moving in with friends out there until we can find a place of our own. Everything will be in storage and we may just get a small apartment to begin with. *sighs* I've already donated tons of things to NCCS, and I am also Freecycling alot! So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, never fear! I will be back with new adventures to tell you all about! My California Dreaming is becoming a reality! Until next time...

2 comments:

Gina said...

Good luck with the move. I was wondering why your blog has been so quiet lately, ha ha ha. California sounds awesome! Will be looking forward to updates, whenever you get the time, that is! : )

Bay Area Knitter said...

Thanks for the well wishes! Yes I'm very, very busy these days! I never knew I had so much junk stored in boxes, drawers, closets, etc... I've been sorting and donating and discarding like crazy! We've really got to downsize since we're going from a 4 bedroom house to an apartment. No more basement... Maybe even no garage! Ack! Where am I going to put all my stuff?!?!

Create a Gift Registry at The Land of Nod