Welcome to the ALL NEW "Monkey Baby ...going green" (Formerly known as the Monkey Baby Boutique blog). This site has been dormant for quite awhile as my life took a turn in a different direction. My children are growing up and I've been focusing on designing knitwear.
Recently I've done some thinking about continuing on with this site, and it has led me to a total makeover! I will continue to post tips on going green and creating a healthier you, healthier home and a healthier planet! But I will also be including information on sustainable knitwear created by myself and others. Please leave your comments and let me know what you think of the NEW look!


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mama's got a new Bag of tricks!

We are all trying to be environmentally responsible with our shopping bags, but are you having a hard time organizing the bags themselves? I would love to introduce you to an Austin company that has invented the first system of reusable shopping bags! Real Simple magazine has just called it the "smartest system!"
Blue Avocado makes 3 different kits of shopping bags for all three of the different purposes we need:
  • Hauling (shlepping bags)
  • Ventilation (produce bags)
  • Insulation (cooler bags)

All of the bags actually fit together into one kit when you're finished using them for the day. And their site says, "...by using a BlueAvocado pod instead of plastic bags you avoid 200 plastic bags and 9.5 lbs of CO2e if you use the bag for a whole year. That's the equivalent of NOT driving 11 miles."

I think these bags are just the cutest! And I love how they organize back together into a neat little package. I am so impressed!

So... here's a question. How do you remember to take your bags with you when it's time to go grocery shopping? Blue Avocado has some tips on this here. Feel free to tell us your own tricks in the comments!


No comments:

Create a Gift Registry at The Land of Nod