Welcome to the ALL NEW "Monkey Baby ...going green" (Formerly known as the Monkey Baby Boutique blog). This site has been dormant for quite awhile as my life took a turn in a different direction. My children are growing up and I've been focusing on designing knitwear.
Recently I've done some thinking about continuing on with this site, and it has led me to a total makeover! I will continue to post tips on going green and creating a healthier you, healthier home and a healthier planet! But I will also be including information on sustainable knitwear created by myself and others. Please leave your comments and let me know what you think of the NEW look!


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother Earth knows best

It seems that everywhere we turn, it's becoming chic to go green... I was amazed when I ran across this article... It seems they're using organic mattresses in cribs and educating toddlers about recycling at eco-daycare centers across the country. Early outreach may help these tots sustain green habits through adulthood ... and if they're lucky, they might even squeeze in some mandatory nap-time, too.
Check out the article " Eco-day care center introduces toddlers to 'green' " at the Seattle Times website.

4 comments:

My Vision said...

I'm all for being green but that article was a little over the top for me. My parents didn't do all that for me and I'm relatively healthy and happy. I think sometimes it can be easy to get really caught up in this stuff and lose sight of stuff that's really important.

Unknown said...

I love your blog and the babies' pics! My babies are older teens now. The days you have now are so precious. You are blessed to be able to be home with them and smart to keep your entrepreneurial candle burning!

Victoria

Bay Area Knitter said...

my vision,
I can understand what you're saying about it being a bit over the top... My parents didn't do all that for me either. In fact I have just become more eco-aware myself since moving to California this year. Still, I just had to post that article because I had no idea that there were even such day cares in existence...

Bay Area Knitter said...

Thanks for the sweet comments Victoria! I'm doing my best to treasure every moment I have with my little ones! =)

Create a Gift Registry at The Land of Nod