Welcome to the ALL NEW "Monkey Baby ...going green" (Formerly known as the Monkey Baby Boutique blog). This site has been dormant for quite awhile as my life took a turn in a different direction. My children are growing up and I've been focusing on designing knitwear.
Recently I've done some thinking about continuing on with this site, and it has led me to a total makeover! I will continue to post tips on going green and creating a healthier you, healthier home and a healthier planet! But I will also be including information on sustainable knitwear created by myself and others. Please leave your comments and let me know what you think of the NEW look!


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How to Raise a Healthy Child, In Spite of Your Doctor

How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
I just ran across a wonderful book today! How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, renowned pediatrician and author advises parents on home treatment and diagnosis of colds and flus, childhood illnesses, vision and hearing problems, allergies, and more. PLUS, a complete section on picking the right doctor for your child, step-by-step instructions for knowing when to call a doctor, and much more. I encourage every mom to get this book! Chapter 7 is not to be missed!
He teaches that a Fever is one of our body's defenses against disease. Here is one of his quotes "Measures to reduce temperature, such as drugs or sponging are worse than unnecessary; they are actually counterproductive!" Fever reducing medicines can actually cause liver damage. We want to work "with" a fever.
Another great resource is the book titled The How to Herb Book (it's a wonderful book to have) Learn how to use onion juice for an ear ache! We do not need to depend on antibiotics for ear aches!
I recommend these two books as must haves for every home library!




No comments:

Create a Gift Registry at The Land of Nod